HARVEY SWANSON ELEMENTARY & OAKWOOD ELEMENTARY
Dear Parents & Students,
With the current circumstances we are facing, the mental health support team would like to offer information on how best to communicate, provide resources for mental health support, self-care, mindfulness, and relaxation techniques.
The best way to communicate with a member of the mental health support team is via email. You can expect a response to your email within 24 business hours.
Community Resources for Mental Health
If there is an emergency, please dial 911.
- Common Ground: 248-456-0909 or 800-231-1127
- Crisis counseling, suicide prevention, legal help, community resources, mental health screening and assessment, community resources/referrals, eligibility determination, advocacy and support
- Easter Seals: 248-451-2900 or 1-866-99-CHILD
- Administration office phone is listed (call for referral assistance) Crisis intervention, family centered planning, Spanish/Russian counseling, parent education, respite care, psychological and neuropsychological testing, psychiatric evaluation
Self-Care / Stress Management
Managing Anxiety and Stress
Helping Kids Cope with Stress
– To adults, childhood can seem like a carefree time. But kids still experience stress.
Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
– Anxiety tends to peak during uncertain times. This article provides ways to alleviate some of that anxiety and uncertainty.
Resources for Anxiety/Mindfulness
- Headspace https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app App for Apple and Android mobile devices. Headspace offers free sessions for new members.
- Calm https://www.calm.com/: Free website and mobile app for Apple and Android mobile devices with guided meditation and relaxation exercises.
- Stop, Breathe and Think https://www.stopbreathethink.com/: Free website and mobile app for Apple and Android mobile devices for youth with meditations for mindfulness and compassion.
- 10 Stress Management Apps http://truestressmanagement.com/stress-management-apps/
Feeling stressed out? There's an app for that.
Know that we are here to support you and your needs. Please stay healthy and stay safe.