The Brandon Special Education Department is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of Special Education programs and services for all Brandon School District residents between the ages of birth to twenty-six years.
The Brandon Special Education Department is committed to the belief that all children can be successful in the classroom. We believe that quality education is flexible, integrated, changing, and adaptive to meet the needs of all students.
Programs within the Special Education Department are an integral part of the K-12 curriculum. The Special Education Department continues to strive for cooperation and collaboration between parents, staff, and students. Our goal is that all students are able to attain their maximum potential.
Special Education Programs
- District-wide Referral System
- Evaluation Services
- Classroom Programs / Services
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapists
- Speech Therapists
Accomplishments and Points of Emphasis
- The special education students placed in a variety of work experiences in the local community.
- Star Hawks Café - a student run businesses located at Brandon High School.
- The cooperation between general and special education.
- Our exceptional staff.
- Staff development opportunities.
- Early Childhood Special Education ECSE—serves as an integrated model for Oakland County and Michigan to meet the needs of students 2 1/2 to 5 years old.
- Team teaching – extensive inclusion program
- A full continuum of K – 12 programs.
Location and Contact Information
Located in Harvey Swanson Elementary
209 Varsity Drive
Ortonville, MI 48462
Phone (248) 627-1855
Fax (248) 627-4752